Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Kevin Arnold was so wise...

Since I work online, as I scouring the web I came across content for the show "The Wonder Years." As one of my childhood favorites (I'll be honest, I had a huge crush on Kevin Arnold and wished I was Winnie Cooper!) I took some time to look around and reflect back. One quote greatly resonated with me...

"Growing up is never easy. You hold on to the things that were. You wonder what's to come. But that night, I think we knew it was time to let go of what had been, and look ahead to what would be. Other days. New days. Days to come."

I wanted to put this up here, and write about my thoughts because it seems so applicable to where I am today. Growing up is definitely not easy...making your own decisions, and having others trust in the decisions you make. But growing up is also fun and exciting! I've been able to figure out who I am over the years, and be comfortable and happy with the person I've grown into. I've had horrible jobs and great jobs, but all of them laid the foundation for a successful career. And I get to look ahead of what can be. Other days. New days. Days to come...

I get to look ahead to the days when I'm officially a home owner. Days when I get to unpack in my new home and live my life there. Make memories there. And one day look back as I am now, and think about how my time building the house and living my life in that house further shaped my path. And when I've done that, the cycle can continue as there will always be other days, new days, and days to come...

No comments: